Frank Crane Arena, located within Nanaimo's Beban Park Complex, features an NHL-size ice surface, dryland cover, fully furnished VIP box, a media gondola, concession, box office, and parking for more than 400.
In addition to the Frank Crane Arena, the Beban Park Complex also offers a gymnasium, 37m swimming pool, the Cliff McNabb Arena and an auditorium.
- NHL-size ice surface
- Lacrosse box
- Seating for 2000+
Nanaimo is your one-stop sport and event destination! Visitors, athletes, and residents have access to arenas, aquatic facilities, fitness gyms, turf fields, meeting/conference space, and multi-use trails. These amenities are all conveniently located in close proximity to the downtown core and a variety of accommodations, eateries and entertainment options.
- Aquatic, arena and track facilities, multi-purpose fields, and state-of-the-art recreation facilities—all conveniently located in one area.
- A variety of accommodation options ranging from modern hotels to university residences.
- Numerous entertainment options and activities, including the largest wave pool in British Columbia, adventure sports, kayaking, mountain biking and more.
- A team of experts that will assist you in finding the information and resources that you need to make your sports or cultural event successful.
- The Community Event Equipment Loan Program, sponsored by the City of Nanaimo's Parks, Recreation and Culture department, Tourism Nanaimo, and PacificSport Vancouver Island, is designed to provide local event organizers with affordable tools and equipment in order to help them host a successful event here in Nanaimo.
2008 World U17 Hockey Challenge
Figure Skating Regionals
Home of the Nanaimo Clippers of the BCHL (Junior 'A' Hockey)
Home of the Nanaimo Timbermen of the WLA (Lacrosse)